Someone in a group that I’m in asked us the meaning of our names. Mine means “Follower of Christ” and it blows my mind every time I think about it. My mother told me that she made up my name because she liked “Krystal” but there were too many girls named that, so she went with “Krissa”. Where I’m from there was no one else with that name so I grew up thinking that I was the only person in the world with my name, LOL. It was not until Facebook, when I searched my name and found other Krissas that I realized it was an ‘actual name’.
Once I got that revelation, I decided to see if it meant anything. The first time I looked it up I was so shocked and in awe of God. I think I may have even cried! I actually went to several different sites because I couldn’t believe that my name, the name that my mother thought she made up, so closely represented who I am! God is so intentional! My mother had no idea what she was doing when she named me “Krissa”, but He did!
I know that your story may not be my story. Your name may have been made up and may not have a meaning, but it still does not dismiss the fact that God knows your name! He knows what He calls you and who He called you to be! It doesn’t matter your origin story or the name you were given at birth or even the names that people may call you now!
- He calls you, Loved (John 3:16)
- He calls you, Chosen (Ephesians 1:4-5)
- He says that you are, Fearfully and Wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
- He knew you before you were born (Jeremiah 1:5)
- He knows every part of you (Luke 12:7)
- He knows when you hurt (Psalm 56:8)
- He takes care of you (Matthew 6:26) and most of all,
- He loves you! (Romans 5:8)
Just Doing My Father’s Work!